Perched on an impressive cliff in the Jura mountains, Château-Chalon has earned the nomination of “Most Beautiful Village of France”. It is a picturesque village, home to a prestigious and unique wine, protected with its own designation AOC Chateau-Chalon. Many producers open their cellars for you to taste their wines.
Château-Chalon is a short distance from Beaume-les-Messieurs, the other “Most Beautiful Village of France” nestled in a blind valley. Whatever the season, the Jura is a region where you can engage in many outdoor activities.
Belvedere of Baume-les-Messieurs
Old bridge in Nevy-sur-Seille
Waterfall in Baume-les-Messieurs
Château-Chalon by night
• La Maison de la Haute Seille - Website
• Old school - Website
• Tour Charlemagne
• Voie Romaine
• winery visits
A little further...
• Blois-sur-Seille (10 km)
• Castle and vineyard of Arlay (11 km) - Website
• Museum of Comté cheese in Poligny (15 km) - Website
• Aviary in Granges-sur-Baume (15 km)
• Beaume-les-Messieurs, cave and waterfalls (11 km)
• Granges-sur-Baume cheese fruitiere (15 km)
• Maison de la Vache qui Rit in Lons-le-Saunier (16 km) - Website
• Chateau Pecauld in Arbois (25 km) - Website
• Lakes: Chalain, Clairvaux...
• Waterfalls du Herrisson